Level 2 Award in Up-skilling for SIA Door Supervisors course
NEW 2015 Specification
PLEASE NOTE THIS QUALIFICATION WILL CHANGE TO A 2 DAY COURSE IN JAN 2015 TO COMPLY WITH SIA REGULATIONS.
Who is the course for?
As of February 2013, ALL SIA Door Supervisors who have completed their qualification, prior to the new QCF format (ie, didn’t complete a Physical Intervention Module) will be required to have completed this ‘Upskilling Course’ prior to renewing their current licence.
If you are unsure if you require this qualification, please do not hesitate to contact us for further advice.
What does the course involve?
This new qualification will consist of 2 units:
Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry;
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
· Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors:
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
The Safety Awareness unit is effectively a distance learning unit which will take the form of a workbook. The candidate will complete the workbook in their own time prior to attending a 2-day Physical Intervention (PI) course. The candidate will also take the exam for the Safety Awareness unit on day one of the Physical Intervention training.
Are there any entry requirements?
The course is designed to teach individuals to work within the Security Industry and will involve being taught how to undertake Physical restraint / intervention in a safe and competent manner. Although no formal qualifications are required, individuals need to have the capacity to read and write at literacy Level 2.
The course does require you to be in reasonable physical condition. You do not have to be a paragon of fitness, but you will be required to have the physical capability to undertake the activities. Therefore, if you do have any physical impairment which you feel may compromise your ability to undertake the course, please seek advice before booking on this course.
This qualification can only be undertaken by learners aged 18yrs old or over who are in possession of a SIA Door Supervisors Licence.
Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 2 Days and does require some student learning prior to the course (Normally 3 hours).