Hayes College London is a seasoned provider of Business Studies courses and we are now approved to offer this new BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business Studies. The course itself is a level 4 course and would prove a valuable part of any portfolio of professional courses. The course is based on the Pearson BTEC new specifications for Business, which became available from the 2016 examination series. There are no external examinations, and the whole course is completed through continuous assessment.
Why Choose to Study BTEC Business?
Pearson, with a track record built over 30 years of learner success, have now greatly enhanced their BTEC Higher National Certificates, which are widely recognised by industry and higher education as the signature vocational qualification at Level 4. They provide progression to the workplace, either directly, or via study at a higher level.
Proof comes from ‘You Gov’ research, which shows that 62% of large companies have recruited employees with Higher BTEC qualifications. What’s more, well over 100,000 BTEC Learners apply to UK universities every year and their BTEC Higher Nationals are accepted by over 150 UK universities and higher education institutes for relevant degree programmes, either on their own, or in combination with A Levels.
Today’s BTEC Higher National Certificates are demanding, as you would expect of the most respected applied learning qualifications in the UK.
As a Learner on a BTEC course:
• You must be organised, take assessments that we have set and mark, and keep a portfolio of your assignments.
• You can feel proud to achieve a BTEC because, whatever your plans in life – whether you decide to study further, go on to work, or an apprenticeship, or set up your own business – your Oxford Learning College, BTEC Higher National will be your passport to success in the next stage of your life.
This programme, for the learner, offers choice and scope in regards to the wider study of business subjects. Our Higher National Certificate (HNC) is a Level 4 qualification made up of 120 credits. Our students can be flexible in the period of taking the course, although we recommend a minimum of one year study time.
Built into the BTEC Higher National units, there are opportunities during which the learner practises employable skills. These are in the following three main categories:
• Cognitive and problem-solving skills: the use of critical thinking, applying creative and expert solutions to non-routine problems, and the use of systems and technology.
• Intrapersonal skills: communicating with others, working in collaboration with others, negotiating and influencing others, and self-presentation.
• Interpersonal skills: self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and development. There are also specific requirements in some of the units for assessment of these skills where relevant.
This course consists of eight units (8) from the BTEC Higher National Certificate syllabus and is a registered and recognisable qualification on its own. Six are mandatory units and the final two are optional, chosen by the college in a set pathway.
Learners are strongly recommended to familiarise themselves with the new Edexcel specification for the BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business (course code: GLH 601/8364/0).
We are starting HNC courses in near future. For more details please contact us