This 3 day first aid at work course is a Level 3 QCF Award. Our first aid at work courses provide the training, assessment and certification to become a qualified first aider.
Upon successful completion of the assessment, the learner will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to administer a wide variety of first aid techniques in the workplace with certainty. You will be completely confident to administer casualties; from treating minor wounds to saving the lives of citizens/staff in life-threatening situations.
The candidate will receive an FAA approved certificate after successful completion of final assessment. This First aid At Work Certificate (3 Day) is valid for three years.
This 3 day course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training in the following information and treatments:
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR & use of an AED)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys